Remember last summer when you received your first water bill and couldn’t believe how much water your irrigation system had used? You’re not alone! Garpiel Group has the solution to lower your cost of operating your irrigation system while keeping your lawn green.
Did you know:
- One of the best ways to optimize water usage is to have your controller adjusted once a month for seasonal weather changes.
- Cycle and Soak is one of the best ways to water your lawn. Rather than one long run time, let us set it to run 2-3 short cycles. (We install a Hunter controller with this function built in.)
- Change mist head spray nozzles to stream rotor nozzles. A couple of popular brands of these stream rotor nozzles are the Hunter MP Rotator and the Rainbird Rotary Nozzles.
- Drip irrigation is about 20% more efficient than watering shrubs or a garden with a spray head.
- Residential outdoor watering accounts for 7 billion gallons of water used each day in the U.S., and the primary usage is landscape irrigation.
- How many times have you been driving down the road and seen an irrigation system running while it is raining
- Today, all irrigation system manufacturers produce some sort of weather sensing device. The most common is a rain sensor, but other weather based controllers are more efficient at measuring conditions.
- The EPA has come out with a labeling system for high efficient irrigation controllers and systems. “WaterSense” labeled controllers must be able to adequately meet the watering needs of a landscape without overwatering.
- By fixing these issues and updating old worn out heads or a controller with new high efficiency products you, can save up to 40% on water usage.